The Chadar trek is one such route, connecting villages in the Zanskar valley (deep in the mountains) with Chilling (on the road to Leh) along the frozen Zanskar River. This route has been used for centuries for trade and transportation, and is most reliable in February when the ice is most stable.
This trek is considered as one of the most exciting and unique treks – a very special and an extraordinary trek on shiny ice on the bank of Tsarap River. You will be dropped by a vehicle at Chilling Sumdo (crossed road) then yourtrek leads in a narrow valley filled with breath-taking views of ice-peaks and unexpected hanging icicles that will attract your gaze for some time. You will spend the night at cave camps with the help of a born fire that will keep you warm and relaxed.
1. Accommodation. (Camping) and Leh guest house (Day 1, and Day 8 according to Itinerary)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trek equipments.
5. First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers
7. Transport from leh to Road head and return
1. Food / Meal in Leh
2. Any kind of personal expenses
4. Air Fares
5. Porter to carry personal luggage
6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head price Includes