Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Pregnant women are not permitted to board
- Travelers with any medical conditions should first consult with their doctor before booking this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- We offer FULL REFUND for all cancellations that occur due to unsuitable weather conditions with the option to reschedule the booking for an alternative date of flight.
- No refunds are offered for cancellations due to non-appearance/non availability of the booked passenger on the date of the flight as per the stipulated reporting time.
- Sky Waltz would like to make special mention that Hot Air Ballooning is an activity that is weather dependant. Sky Waltz pilots and operational personnel reserve the right of final decision if a flight can be conducted on any given day due to environmental or operational conditions not being safe and/or secure.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travellers
1. What time of the day are the rides arranged?
The rides are usually arranged two hours before the sun rises and two hours before it sets. These times are ideal for the activity as winds are at their weakest, allowing for smooth rides. The stillness of the winds depends on the season the ride is being taken in, but the usual time for conducting the activity is 5.30 am and 4 pm. Mornings carry a lesser chance of the flight being cancelled as compared to afternoons.
2. What is the duration of a ride? How high does the balloon fly?
You will fly roughly for an hour, but the total time inclusive of the flight, gearing you up, inflating the balloon and launching it is around 3 hours. Different altitudes are achieved by the balloon depending on the topography and weather of the place. Here the maximum elevation that your flight will reach is approximately 1200 feet from the ground.
3. What happens, in case, the weather is unsuitable for a ride?
This is an entirely weather-dependent activity and thankfully, the weather in India mostly remains suitable for it. If take-off is not possible due to unsuitable weather conditions, then the participants will be told about it beforehand, considering their safety.
4. How many people can be accommodated in the balloon?
Generally, anywhere from 4 to 8 fliers are flown in a single ride.
5. Is there any an age or weight restriction for this activity? Are pregnant women allowed on-board a balloon flight?
To board a flight, passengers have to be older than 5 years and have to stand at least 1.5 meters in height. No age limit will bar you from enjoying this amazing journey; however, you should be able to stand for as long as you are in the flight. The only hitch is that pregnant women are not allowed to fly, considering the safety of them and their child.
6. Where do we fly from? What is the take off location?
In Jaipur, the flights take off from the area near the spectacular Amber Fort; however, the location can sometimes be changed depending upon the direction of the wind. The take off location is solely decided by the pilot considering the safety of the on-board passengers.