Brahmatal Trek. a lake widely popular because Lord Brahma meditated as per mythology. The best thing about Brahmatal Trek is that it is done in winters when most of the treks are closed. Lohajung is the base camp of the Brahamatal Trek, which is a small town having its own mythological importance. One can interact with locals and hear astonishing stories about the town and the history and get a glimpse of the local culture. The lake lies at an alitutude of 3180 m having a spectacular view of the Himalayas .Most of the trail of this trek is covered in snow making it a heaven for snow lovers. Some of the prominent seven thousanders visible are Trishul, Nandaghunti, Chowkhamba, Nilkanth, Kamet, Hathi, and Ghoda peaks. Most of the trail of Roopkund trek can also be seen from this trek, including views of Ali Bugyal, Bedni Bugyal & Junargali.We at BackPackClan ensure the trek to Brahmatal is a memorable one with full safety. We are one of the best operators who operates Brahmatal Trek in the country. Best time to do this trek is from December to February. Just scroll down to have a look at more details
Price Per Person
Brahma Tal Trek
Grade : Easy to Moderate
Duration : 6 Days
Approx : 24 Km.
Max Altitude : 12,000 ft.
Tour Packages Option :
Rs. 8,000/- Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Rs. 6,000/- Per Person (Lohajung to Lohajung)
Short Itinerary :
Day 1-Reach at Lohajung (7,600 ft.), 210 Km drive from Dehradun / Kathgodam
Day 2-Lohajung (7,600 ft.) to Bekaltal (9,689 ft.)
Day 3-Bekaltal (9,689 ft.) to Brahmatal Lake (10,440 ft.)
Day 4-Brahmatal Lake (10,440 ft.) to Brahmatal Top (12,200 ft.)
Day 5-Brahmatal Lake (10,440 ft.) to Lohajung (7,600 ft.)
Day 6-Drive from Lohajung to Dehradun / Kathgodam
- Day 1: Arrive in Lohajung (7,650 ft)
Reach Lohajung by 3 pm. Road leading to Lohajung is beautiful and scenic and goes through the amazing Kumaon region. On the way we also pass through Almora and Kausani. Lohajung is located at 2300 M is considered as a small mountain pass connecting Gwaldam side to Wan side of the mountain. Overnight stay at a Guest House.
- Day 2: Lohajung to Bekaltal (9900 ft)- Trek Distance- 6 Kms
After Breakfast we follow the human made stone trail. Enroute amazing views of Nandaghunti Peak. Bekaltal is a beautiful lake most of the times frozen in the months of January and February. Lake Is surrounded by oak trees and one can experience a beautiful camping spot.
- Day 3: Bekaltal to Brahmatal (10,600 ft) – Trek Distance- 5 Km
We leave early and start the trek for Brahmatal (3400M), the place where Lord Brahma meditated long ago. This forest is also considered as home to Monal, the state bird of Uttrakhand. One can experience views of peaks like Trishul, Bithartoli and Nandaghunti. After reaching we will find a camp spot near the lake and enjoy the night under the stars.
- Day 4: Brahmatal to Brahmatal Top (12,650 ft) & back to Brahmatal – 13 km
Today we will start the trek to Brahmatal Top. One can only carry a day pack and leave your backpack in the camps. Brahmatal Top is at 3846 m. Look out for the magnificent views of Himalayan range on your right. Two of the most prominent peaks are Mt. Trishul, Nandaghunti which look so close as if you are watching them on a theater screen. Return to the camp.
- Day 5: Brahmatal to Lohajung – 11 km
Today we start of our return journey of this amazing trek. Experiencing high mountains, snow trail we will take back the memories. We will follow back to the same trail to Lohajung. Reach Lohajung by afternoon and stay in Guest House
- Day 6: Depart from Lohajung
Say good byes to your new friends and the crew with lots of memories back home.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader.
- Transport from Dehradun/Kathgodam to Lohajung & Lohajung to Dehradun/Kathgodam
- Accommodation:- Guest house, camping during Trek.
- Hygienic & Nutritious Meals on scheduled time (Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner)
- Trekking gears (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Gaiters, Crampons)
- Adventure gears for team (Ice axe, oximeter)
- Fully equipped medial kit, oxygen and safety equipment
- All entry fees and permits.
- Experienced Staff (Guides, Cooking Staff, Helpers, Porters)
- GST 5%
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit (Dehradun/Kathgodam to Lohajung & Lohajung to Dehradun/Kathgodam)
- Mules or porters to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the cost.
- Walking Stick, Jacket & Trekking Shoes will be available on rent.
Cancellation charges per person:
· 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
· 20-29 days before departure: 50% of total cost
· Less than 20 days before departure: 100% of total cost
IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR Trip \ Trek Do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather), we shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced. IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY Trip \ Trek After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you. All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 5 days before departure. Disclaimer
· Refund will be issued in the name of the person in whose favour the receipt was issued.
· If payment has been received by credit / debit card, the refund is credited to the same card by which the payment was received. For all other cases, refund will be made by Account Payee Cheque only.
· All disputes subject to Delhi jurisdiction.