Kedarkantha peak is situated in a beautiful mountain peak of the Himalayan range in Uttarakhand and is easily accessible at any time of the year but is one of the most preferred winter treks in India. Located within Govind National Park, the Sankri to Kedarkantha trek is embraced with a wide variety of flora and fauna. The elevation is at an altitude of 3850m above sea level and on reaching the summit you will get a full 360-degree beautiful view of godly peaks of Uttarakhand like the Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, Black peak, Ranglana among the Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges.
The best time to do Sankri to Kedarkantha Trek (for snow) is during the winter months i.e December to February. Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most popular winter treks in Uttarakhand. Adorned with the spectacular beauty of falling snow and fringed with pine trees and all covered in sparkling snow during winters, the trek offers breathtaking views of the majestic Himalayan peaks and also offers a unique opportunity for trekkers to experience life in the remotest of villages in the lowest temperatures during winters.
Not only for the adventure enthusiasts to enjoy thrilling challenges, but the Kedarkantha Trek is also an ideal destination for nature lovers to bask in the beauty of undisturbed nature and rejoice in the blissful moments with unforgettable experiences.
Book your Sankri to Kedarkantha Trek with us now.
Price Per Person
- Day 1 : Arrival at Sankri
Altitude : 6400 feet to 9100ft.
Trekkers will be picked up from Dehradun at 6:30 AM in an SUV . Today’s total journey is 220 KM’s and it will take around 10 hours. Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 PM.
- Day 2 : Sankari to Juda k Talab
Altitude : 6400ft to 9100 ft
Wake early in the morning. And enjoy the natural beauty. The trek is for 4 KM’s and it will take around 5 Hours. The trail passes through dense pine forests, Maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to the beautiful meadows. Overnight stay in Tents.
- Day 3 : Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base
Altitude : 9100 ft to 11250 Ft.
Today’s trail is full of ridge, under Oak trees. You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot Sheppard long huts.You will able to see beautiful view of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others. Once reach Overnight stay in Camps.
- Day 4 : Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha peak summit and descend via hargaon to Juda ka Talab
Altitude : 11250 Ft – 12500 ft – 8900 ft
It’s a long day today. We will start early in the morning post breakfast and try to reach the top of the ridge by noon. We are climbing on steep slopes of the mountain, after reaching the summit we will spend some quality time with the beautiful picturesque view from the top. The views around you will keep your adrenaline rush high just to know how the view from the top is. Then we return back to the base camp and post lunch we will move to Hargaon campsite. As we move forward slowly dense forest trails surrounding by Pine trees start to disappear slowly time on the top we head back to our campsite, have lunch at a middle point of downwards at the base camp and head towards Hargaon. Stay for the night will be in tents.
- Day 5: Juda Ka Talab to Sankri and back to Dehradun
Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
Travel distance to Dehradun around 8-9 hours
Today we will be heading towards Sankri from where it all started. It will take approximately 4 hours for 6 KMS long trek downhill. After breakfast, we will start our descend through a more marked well paved route, laden with stones by the evening we will reach Sankri. Small hand made goods, wooden toys and wooden home décor items can be bought here. We will reach Dehradun between 6 PM and & PM and you can book your further travel plans from here onward.
- Accommodation – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 5
- Meals – All meals from dinner at Day 1 to Dinner at Sankri on Day 5 are included. We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, roped, microspikes, gaiters etc. as required.
- Safety equipment – First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers etc.
- ing For Trek
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges – Rs. 1,200 + 5% GST for the full trek. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. Suitcases/strollers/duffel bags will not be allowed. Please note that charges will vary for last minute offloading in case you decide to offload your bag after reaching Naitwar (Rs.335 per day + 5% GST).
- Anything apart from Inclusions