Kedarkantha peak is situated in a beautiful mountain peak of the Himalayan range in Uttarakhand and is easily accessible at any time of the year but is one of the most preferred winter treks in India. Located within Govind National Park, the Sankri to Kedarkantha trek is embraced with a wide variety of flora and fauna. The elevation is at an altitude of 3850m above sea level and on reaching the summit you will get a full 360-degree beautiful view of godly peaks of Uttarakhand like the Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, Black peak, Ranglana among the Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges.
The best time to do Sankri to Kedarkantha Trek (for snow) is during the winter months i.e December to February. Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most popular winter treks in Uttarakhand. Adorned with the spectacular beauty of falling snow and fringed with pine trees and all covered in sparkling snow during winters, the trek offers breathtaking views of the majestic Himalayan peaks and also offers a unique opportunity for trekkers to experience life in the remotest of villages in the lowest temperatures during winters.
Not only for the adventure enthusiasts to enjoy thrilling challenges, but the Kedarkantha Trek is also an ideal destination for nature lovers to bask in the beauty of undisturbed nature and rejoice in the blissful moments with unforgettable experiences.
Book your Sankri to Kedarkantha Trek with us now.
Sakari to Sankari : Rs. 8000
Dehradun to Dehradun : Rs. 9500
October 9, 2021October 16, 2021October 23, 2021October 29, 2021November 6, 2021November 8, 2021November 13, 2021November 15, 2021November 20, 2021November 22, 2021November 27, 2021November 29, 2021December 4, 2021December 6, 2021December 13, 2021December 16, 2021December 18, 2021December 21, 2021December 23, 2021December 26, 2021December 28, 2021December 31, 2021
Price Per Person
Day 1 : Arrival at Sankri
Altitude : 6400 feet to 9100ft.
Trekkers will be picked up from Dehradun at 6:30 AM in an SUV . Today’s total journey is 220 KM’s and it will take around 10 hours. Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 PM.
Day 2 : Sankari to Juda k Talab
Altitude : 6400ft to 9100 ft
Wake early in the morning. And enjoy the natural beauty. The trek is for 4 KM’s and it will take around 5 Hours. The trail passes through dense pine forests, Maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to the beautiful meadows. Overnight stay in Tents.
Day 3 : Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base
Altitude : 9100 ft to 11250 Ft.
Today’s trail is full of ridge, under Oak trees. You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot Sheppard long huts.You will able to see beautiful view of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others. Once reach Overnight stay in Camps.
Day 04: Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha peak summit and then back to base
Altitude : 11250 Ft – 12500 ft – 8900 ft
It’s a long day today. We will start early in the morning post breakfast and try to reach the top of the ridge by noon. We are climbing on steep slopes of the mountain, after reaching the summit we will spend some quality time with the beautiful picturesque view from the top. The views around you will keep your adrenaline rush high just to know how the view from the top is. Then we return back to the base camp. Overnight stay at Camp site.
Day 5: Juda Ka Talab to Sankri and back to Dehradun
Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
Today we will be heading towards Sankri from where it all started. It will take approximately 4 hours for 7 KMS long trek downhill. After breakfast, we will start our descend through a more marked well paved route, laden with stones by the afternoon we will reach Sankri. Small hand made goods, wooden toys and wooden home décor items can be bought here. Spend your last night in Sankri
Day 06: Sankri to Dehradun
After breakfast, start your journey back to Dehradun with some amazing pictures and memories from the trek.
- Accommodation – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 5
- Meals – All meals from dinner at Day 1 to breakfast at Sankri on Day 6 are included. We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents, sleeping bags, microspikes, gaiters etc. as required.
- Safety equipment – First aid, medical kit, stretchers etc.
- any meals during transfers or any meal not mentioned in inclusions
- Backpack offloading charges – Rs. 1,200 + 5% GST for the full trek. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. Suitcases/strollers/duffel bags will not be allowed. Please note that charges will vary for last minute offloading in case you decide to offload your bag after reaching Sankri (Rs.335 per day + 5% GST).
- Anything apart from Inclusions
- any cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 5% GST
- ANY TIPS TO PORTER, laundry Charges, Phone calls ETC.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be canceled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Ensure that you stay covered with thermals and enough jackets to withstand the temperature that is between 8°C to 15°C during the day and -5°C to 3°C at the night.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the Kedarkantha trekking during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Kedarkantha winter trek.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Kedarkantha trek.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders and guides in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Transportation to and fro from Dehradun is available on additional charges on request.
- The Kedarkantha winter trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Kedarkantha trek package.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Kedarkantha Trekking.
- IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR Trip \ Trek Do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather), we shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced. IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY Trip \ Trek After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you. All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 5 days before departure. Disclaimer
- Refund will be issued in the name of the person in whose favor the receipt was issued.
- If payment has been received by credit / debit card, the refund is credited to the same card by which the payment was received. For all other cases, refund will be made by Account Payee Cheque only.
- All disputes subject to Delhi jurisdiction.
- 46 Days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 31 – 45 Days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 30 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 30 days before date of departure