The Chadar trek is one such route, connecting villages in the Zanskar valley (deep in the mountains) with Chilling (on the road to Leh) along the frozen Zanskar River. This route has been used for centuries for trade and transportation, and is most reliable in February when the ice is most stable.
This trek is considered as one of the most exciting and unique frozen river trek – a very special and an extraordinary trek on shiny ice on the bank of Tsarap River. You will be amazed to experience the beautiful valley filled with breath-taking views of ice-peaks and unexpected hanging icicles that will attract your gaze for some time.
February 11, 2020February 15, 2020February 18, 2020February 22, 2020
Price Per Person
- Fly To Leh
Altitude 11,400 Ft. Stay In Guest House. Flying Over Miles And Miles Of Heavily Snowed Mountains Will Tell You Just Why It’s Impossible To Reach Ladakh By Road In The Winters. Keep Your Woolen Cap And Gloves Handy. The Moment You Land At The Leh Airport Which Is One Of The Highest Airports In The World, You Will Feel The Fresh And Crisp Air, And A Drastic Drop In The Temperature.
- Rest Day In Leh For Acclimatization
This Day Is Reserve For Acclimatization. Get Up Early In The Morning And We Will Start The Process Of Acclimatization At Such High Altitude And Extreme Winters. Now We Can Take A Walk To The Explore Leh City Such As Shanti Stupa, Leh Market. You Will Also Get The Opportunity To Witness The Amazing Views Of Leh City.
- Medical Check – Up At Snm Hospital
This Day Is Reserve For Preliminary Medical Check Ups Snm Hospital. The Trek Is Challenging In Nature And It Is Mandatory For All The Participants To Attain The Medical Certification Before We Start Chadar Trek. One Will Get A Certificate Only When Adequately Fit And Acclimatized For The Trek.
- Shingra Koma And Somo Paldar
Enjoy Tea And Breakfast In The Morning And Here We Go, First You We Will Start Our Journey By Driving To Shingra Koma. The Beauty Of The Surrounding High Mountains Will Make Speechless. After A Point, You Will Have To De Board From The Vehicle And Trek Towards Somo Paldar Campsite.
- Trek To Dib Cave / Tibb
Today, You Will Start Our Trek To Dib Cave/Tibb. During The Day, You Will Behold The Breathtaking Beauty Of The Region Including Ravines And Gorges. The Trek Would Be Challenging As Walking On Frozen River Will Give An Ultimate Experience. Our Night Halt Will Be At Dib. Butter Tea Would Be Offered And We Recommend You To Try It. Enjoy Overnight Stay At The Campsite.
- Dib Cave / Tibb To Camp At Naerak
After Breakfast We Will Start Trek, It Is The Most Scenic Part Of The Region We Are Sure You Will Love See The Largest Frozen Waterfall And Prayer Flags. The Bridge Built Next To The Site Of The Waterfall Is Used In Summers To Reach Zanskar From Leh. Thereafter, You Can Proceed Towards The Village Of Naerak To Mingle With The Locals And Understand Their Way Of Living. Stay Overnight At The Village Camp Comfortably.
- Naerak To Tibb
After Breakfast, We Start Our Return Trip And Proceed Towards Tibb. Though It Is A Return Journey But It Would Not Be Same Before. The River Quickly Reacts To Any Change In The Temperature And Might Have Taken An Entirely New Form. Enjoy The Beauty Of The Region, Click Pictures And Meet Locals, Reach Dib Cave, Relax And Stay Overnight At The Campsite.
- Tibb To Shingra Koma & Back To Leh
In The Morning, Get Ready To Leave Tibb And Proceed Towards Shingra Koma, Crossing Gyalpo. The Trail Today Will Give You A Chance To Witness High Mountains And Pugmarks Of Wild Animals Like Snow Leopards, Ibex And Foxes. If Lucky, You Just Might Spot A Leopard; Even If You Do Not, Then At Least Be Sure, You Would Be Watched By Them. In The Evening, Drive Back To Leh And Stay Overnight At The Hotel.
- Return From Leh
As This Unforgettable Journey Gets Over, You Depart From Leh Having A Newfound Respect For The Zanskaries Who Brave All Odds And Survive With Style In Their Beloved Land. This Trek Also Leaves Behind A Tremendous Feeling Of Accomplishment – One Of Having Undertaken And Endured An Extraordinary And Challenging Trek. The Chadar Trek Will Be A Cherished Memory For Life.
- Accommodation. (Camping) And Leh Guest House (Day 1, And Day 8 According To Itinerary)
- Meals While On Trek (Veg.)
- Trek Equipments
- Expert Mountaineering Guide
- Skilled Local Staff Who Has Ample Knowledge Of The Route
- Airport Pick At 9:30am And Drop 5:00am(Fixed Timing)Transfers Apart From Mentioned Timings Will Be At Extra Cost For Inr 600 One Way Per Person. Alto/ Transportation From Leh To Trekking Point On Day 4 And Trekking Point To Leh On Day 8 Breakfast And Dinner When In Leh On Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 8 And Day 9
- First Aid Medical Kits And Oxygen Cylinder
- Qualified & Experienced Trek Leader, Guide And Support Staff To Help Trekkers
- Skilled Local Staff Who Has Ample Knowledge Of The Route
- Transport From Leh To Trekking Point On Day 4 And Trekking Point To Leh On Day 8
- Breakfast And Dinner When In Leh On Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 8 And Day 9
- Vegetarian Meals On The Trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) Starting On Day 4 Pack Lunch To Day 8 Breakfast
- Stay In Guest Houses On Triple/Quad Sharing Basis In Leh On Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 And Day 8
- Hot Water In Buckets Shall Be Provided On Request While Staying In Guest House In Leh
- Stay In Alpine/Dome Tents On Triple/Quad Sharing Basis On Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 And Day 7
- Common Kitchen/Dining/Toilet Tents Will Be Used During The Trek
- Cooks/Helper And Other Requisite Staff.
- Porters For Carrying Common Equipments
- Porters For Carrying Common Equipments (Like Rations/Tents/Utensils/Groceries)
- Equipment – Tents On Triple & Quad Sharing Basis / Sleeping Bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First Aid Kit With A Portable Oxygen Cylinder.
- Facility Of Keeping Extra Luggage At Leh When Leaving For Trek
- Gst @ 5%
- Personal Trekking Equipment – Like Gum Boots, Trekking Poles Or Sleeping Bag Liners
- Personal Insurance Or Cost Of Emergency Evacuation
- Purchases Of Personal Natures (Like Mineral Water Bottles/Bottled Or Canned Beverages/Chocolates/Dry Fruits Etc)
- Permit/Wild Life Fee/Altoa Fee/Insurance
- Personal Porters For Carrying Trekker’s Backpacks
- Room Heaters At Guest House In Leh(We Suggest Not To Use The Room Heaters As The Same Dehydrate The Body And Your Body Won’t Get Acclimatize To Gear Up For The Chadar Trek)
- Cost Of Transport, Meals And Stay If In Case You Leave The Trek In Between And Return To Leh Before The Schedule Arrival On Day 8
- There Is No Centralized Heating And Portable Heaters Provided.